When you are living in apartments on rent in Palm Harbor FL your apartment might be attacked by pests and rodents. Pest and rodents multiply in huge numbers and once you have them in your house you have to treat them as soon as your detect them. They cause food contamination as well as destroy and damage furniture and other valuables. Sanitation is one important reason for them to invade. Poor hygiene and lack of cleanliness attract rodents. Rodents are mostly in search for three essentials – food, water and protection which if provided they grow in multiple numbers.
How to keep pest and rodents at bay-
In order to prevent them from entering your apartment maintain cleanliness-
- Keep the kitchen clear- empty trash cans every day. Do not store any stale food. Dispose them within 24 hours.
- Wash utensils and containers as soon as they are used. dry them with a dry cloth before you put them in the cabinet
- Clean the cabinet regularly.
- Clean refrigerators, micro ovens, grillers, toasters thoroughly after use. Even if you do not use them clean them at regular intervals.
- Throw away all packets and pizza boxes and cans
- Mop and sweep the kitchen along with the corner from any dirt. Keep the corners dry and fresh.
- Keep the sink and its pipe clean. Rinse the sink with enough water every day.
While these are some kitchen cleaning tips which prevent mice, rats and cockroaches, you also need to keep the other rooms clean to prevent these rodents and pests like bed bugs away.
- Dispose of all rubbish like card board packages which you receive when you make purchases of electronic appliances as well as online shopping
- Get ride of all used clothes which have worn out or are of no use to you.
- Keep the shoe rack clean
- Opening like that of pipes needs to be cleaned.
Along with these pests controller can also be called upon at regular interval to keep the apartments on rent in Palm Harbor FL clean.
Before you step into your new apartment make sure that the house is clean and pest and rodent free. If you detect any such issues it is a must that you inform the landlord and the management company instantly to free the apartment from pest as it might affect the entire property.